A post from Spencer...
Tomorrow is the day that I fly out to Philadelphia to interview at Temple University for dental school. As many of you know, all of these dental schools rejected my pleas last year to sign over my life savings, my first born son (which some days doesn't seem like the worst idea ever!), and five additional years after graduation of feeding my family ramen noodles and WIC products in order to avoid drowning in the compounding interest. Now, as more schools open up their embracing arms and requests of $300,000 tuition, it is making it hard to decide which place to write out the checks to!
Growing up in Arizona and for some reason still living in Utah four years after receiving my B.S. from BYU (often with the inability to answer this question from my wife: "What's keeping us here?"), the time is approaching for us to finally move on! But how do I find a place to live in a completely new state? Maybe craigslist.org has some opti.....oh yeah, all the creeper pedophiles and murders. Maybe I could randomly drive around for the three spare hours I have on interview day....and get lost on the corner of MLK Dr. and Rosa Parks Ave.? Oh, come on! Don't call me that! You know that every big city has one of those intersections! Have you ever found yourself there? I have. Paramus, NJ. I swear about three dozen people outside my car heard me every time I checked to make sure the doors were locked! NOT SAFE.
I found vacancy.com and was able to find some awesome options to live in near Philly! Check this place out.
Is this place sweet or what? First off, that little shot by the pool feels like I'm diving into a Nicholas Sparks book. But it gets better. Why don't you scroll on down to the pluthera of supplied pictures and jump in with me, would you?
Welcome to Willowbrook Apartments, my dream apartment as a poor dental student at Temple University. This is the place where I can escape all of the anal-ness of the other students (30 minute transit ride to campus), and feel comfortable about the perfect environment for my wife and sons (and daughters? This is four years...anything can happen) to be. Notice the "gorgeous lush landscaping" to give you the historic Pennsylvania feel, and all of the roomy grandeur of the living room, dining room, and "upgraded kitchen."
Wait, what's that?
Do you see that???
LOOK AT THAT STOVE!!! My very own gas stove!! Every time I leave my parents' house using their gas stove--we all love that clicking sound it takes to get the flames up--I feel like I'm coming back to goverment housing with my nasty brown-stained, torn-up-tinfoiled stove top. Hello, thank you for selling me, Willowbrook stove.
Let's move on.
What is there not to like inside this apartment? And then a BBQ Garden? Could I quite possibly be making friends just for the sake of, "You're good at BBQ'ing, I'm not, let's be friends!"? Answer.....YES!
And then the perfect no-chance-your-kid-will-get-injured-on-this-playset playground and huge pool...Chelsea will probably forget that she's even married with all of that diversion and entertainment. My kids will probably be like their Aunt Emy while their dad was in med school: "Mommy, who's that nice man who eats dinner with us sometimes?"
And then the workout room.
Have you ever been a member of that gym where they over-stuff all of the equipment into the smallest space possible?? Not at Willowbrook!!! These people are paying the big bucks to make the building as large as they can, just so I don't have to bang elbows with that guy who lifts his shirt and wipes his potbelly with the paper towel after walking up his incline treadmill every morning.
Thank you, Willowbrook.
And thank you, vacancy.com. I'm sold.
Oh yeah, I still haven't been accepted to Temple yet. :-/ I'll get back to you on that!
2 months ago




4 comments:
We are going to sell you big time on Philly life! You are going to have lots to choose from, not just Willowbrook. Tanner and I -- we're going to take care of you.
Looks pretty darn nice!!! What about AZ?
This is very nice. Will Chelsea have to use the laundromat?
Good luck! hope it went wel!
Post a Comment