Thursday, March 24, 2011

Benson Quotes

Benson has been saying some pretty funny stuff lately, so I thought I would share:

A few weeks ago Bens told Nash to "shut up".  I was shocked!  We never say that at our house.  I quickly asked "Where did you learn that word?"  He replied "Boat movie."  Which is Nephi's Journey to the Promised Land I said no you didn't, and told him that it was a mean phrase and not to say it again.  I still wondered where he learned it. Surely it was not from a Living Scriptures movie!?  The next day, while watching "the boat movie" with him, Laman tells Nephi "Shut up, I am in command of this ship now".  I was so surprised!! Sure enough the scripture movie taught him his first bad phrase.  He is a little sponge, he absorbs everything!

Last Sunday I sang in the ward choir at church and then came back to my seat, and Benson, in a very audible voice says "That was pretty mom."

I have a Zumba MIX CD in my car right now and he requests 2 songs.  Waka Waka, by Shakira, and he sure shakes it in his carseat!!!  The other song he likes says: "Move your body shake it shake it" in the chorus repeated a few times.  When we were at lunch with my sisters he kept singing it and singing it, as if it was stuck in his little mind.  He was screaming it on top of his lungs through the mall "Move your body shake it shake it" over and over.  Luckily it was so loud, I don't think people could understand it very clearly.

Benson loves to watch the show Super Why.  For those of you who are not familiar with it, they call themselves the Super Readers, and they jump into books to change the story and solve a problem.  So, if a character has a problem, they switch out a word in a sentence, in order to help solve the problem.  When Bens doesn't want to do something he says "I can't mom, it says so in my story."

Benson was super whiny and just crying, one afternoon so I told him he needed to go to his room for a little while for a time out, until he could stop crying.  He came downstairs a few minutes later and said. "I didn't mean to mom, I didn't mean to cry!"

I got an Iphone, so I have dowlnoaded a few kids game apps. for Bens to play. As he was playing a football one and said "Oh my heck, this games cool mom."  A little while later. "Your phone is great mom!"

The best though, is multiple times a day, randomly when he says "I love you mom!"  It is the best feeling.

10 comments:

Emily said...

Oh how sweet! What a cutie...glad you wrote it down so you can remember!

Jessica Kunz said...

So cute! I can't wait until Crew can say I love you mommy. Your kids are too cute.

sdralphs said...

So cute!!! I loved all those cute things he says. You are one lucky mama!

Ben and Shara said...

I laughed out loud. I love the funny things kids say. Good job writing those fun quotes down. You will love to read those later!

Beth and Wes said...

He's so cute!! Its so good for you write all these things down!! I'm sure you and he will appreciate it later!

Chapples said...

Oh man that is awesome! I was laughing so hard! Thanks for sharing.

Natalie said...

So adorable! I love seeing their little personalities grow and come out more and more.

The Stroud Family est. 2007 said...

Oh, Benson! He is so SO cute. I LOVE the Super Why phrase. I wouldn't have been able to contain myself if he said that to me. That's too funny.

emy said...

Don't you just love being a mom. It's the little sweet "I love you" that makes your day. What a cute kid. Loved the shake your body mall experience.

Heidi said...

He he. Those are awesome!