Monday, January 31, 2011

Caesar Salad

My all time favorite food is Caesar salad with croutons and flakes of Parmesan cheese. Hands down.  It was a staple food growing up in the Russell home.  Not just any Caesar, homemade Caesar dressing, anchovy paste and all. Most everyone in my family has mastered the recipe and technique. However everyone's is a little different.  When my older brother Christian makes it, it is potent and super garlic-y, and Jena's is more lemony, but sure has a kick. They are all amazing at making it, and STILL, when we all get together we have it with almost every meal.  I love it!!  But for some strange reason, I NEVER mastered the art of Caesar salad making.  Probably because everyone else could do it, so when I helped with dinner I set the table, or stirred the gravy. So, since I have moved from home (2004) I have been in search of a Caesar dressing that is as good as the homemade one I grew up with.  I have tried several, and i mean SEVERAL brands and have not found a close match.  Some are too eggy, or mild, or just gross. After 7 years I have finally found one that I really like and  reminds me of home.  Kens Steakhouse Creamy Caesar, and it's even LITE.  So yummy.  You can probably guess what I had for lunch.  So if any of you out there are looking for a yummy Caesar dressing, look no further. I highly recommend it.

7 comments:

Beth and Wes said...

I'll have to try that just to have instead of having to make it from scratch every time!!

Amy Kroff said...

Just clipped a coupon for .50 Kens salad dressing. I do believe I'll be giving it a try. thanks for the tip. I'll be sending your b-day present in the mail but now that I know you'll be in Mazatlan I won't feel too rushed. Have a blast!

Chapples said...

This is a favorite in my house too. My mom and dad have been buying Kens for a long time. VERY Yummy! Now I feel like eating a salad!

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

Caesar salad is one of my faves too and I will be stopping at the grocery store to pick that up!!! Hope you are having a great week gorgeous girl and enjoy your salad today:)

kbtibbs said...

We love ceasar salad here too. We usually have done Brianna's i think it's called or one that is in a triangle shaped bottle. I can't think of the name of it. But i will have to try out the one. :)

Mandy Stephens said...

So after reading this yesterday I went out and bought some! I can never find a caesar that tastes right...I can't wait to try it with dinner tonight!

Ben and Shara said...

nice tip. I'll have to try it out.