Monday, October 18, 2010

Oktoberfest 2010

I ran my first 10K on Saturday, and got 2nd place in my age group!  It was called Oktoberfest, and put on by a local running store called Fleet Feet.   It started at 8 in the morning, and was freezing cold!  It wasn't until mile 3 that I finally got feeling back in my hands.  I was debating all week whether to run it or not, I didn't get to train much because I got sick on Tuesday and was in bed all day!! Even Friday night, I was not sure if I wanted to run it or not, I had never ran more than 5 miles, and a 10K is 6.4 miles.  Anyway, Nash woke me up at 6:15 Saturday morning and I just kept debating, and decided it was something I really wanted to tackle!  I had the goal to run the race in under an hour!  My final time was 51:41.  Way faster than I had expected!  I was excited that I ran the entire time, and actually had a decent pace throughout!  At mile 5 I was feeling quite tired, but just kept going.  I don't love long distances, I would definitely do a 10K again, but I am not sure I would really enjoy a half marathon, that seems so long! We will see.  This was my third race ever, and I want to do more!!  Maybe the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving...anyone want to join me?

4 comments:

Beth and Wes said...

Look at you go Chelsea that's great!!! You must be wasting away to nothing with all this running you are doing!

the coltons said...

you are amazing, chelsea! what a roll you're on. have you always been a runner or is this new? i am beyond impressed with your goals and the way you are killing them :)

Kristin said...

Way to go Chelsea! That's awesome!

Ben and Shara said...

holy cow, you really have gone hard core on me. What was it just 4 months ago when you told me you were not a runner. . . you are awesome. Congrats on the race.