I scheduled an induction for last Friday. Thursday night the hospital called me and said that I would get a call Friday morning between 6 and 10 am telling me when to come in. Needless to say Thursday night I tossed and turned for hours, not getting any sleep at all just thinking about labor the next day. 10 am rolled around, and we still had not heard, so while out shopping at Target with my mom and sister, I called the hospital and they told me to come in at 11. It was 12:30 by the time I was checked in and started on pitocin. She put me on the lowest dosage and my body kicked in to labor mode. Spencer and I watched "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" while I contracted. The nurse said all I needed was a whiff of pitocin, and eventually took me off it because my contractions were so close together. The doctor broke my water and shortly after I got my epidural. I quickly went from a 6 to an 8 and then 10cm and I was ready to push. After only 6 hours of labor and 4 minutes of pushing Nash was here! Everything went so perfectly, I wouldn't have changed a thing about my birthing experience. It sure beats having a 16 hour labor followed by 45 minutes of pushing in Puerto Rico! My nurse and doctor were amazing.
Here I am right after delivery.
He looks just like Benson did when he was born.
Benson has been so cute with baby Nash. He love holding and kissing him.
We had a really hard time chosing a name for this boy! We had our top 10 list, then narrowed it down to about 4, then I decided I didn't like any of the names. Just talking and thinking about it so much drove me crazy. Finally I just told Spencer to name him! I guess the week prior, Spencer had custom ordered some t-shirts for the fam that say: "Got Nash?" So on Saturday afternoon when the Greer family came to visit, Spencer walked in with Benson in these matching t-shirts and announced his name. I love it!
14 comments:
I am glad the delivery went so well! You don't look like you just gave birth at all! You are also brave to leave the naming up to Spencer. He did a great job with the shirts. What a fun idea, and I love the name!
So glad your delivery was nice and easy! My fingers are crossed for the same experience. Nash really does remind me of Benson, so adorable. And way to go Spencer for picking out a great name! I don't know if I'd ever trust Dave with that responsibility... :)
Love the t-shirts! I'm so glad it was a smooth and faster labor!
love love the t-shirts! so cute! I'm so glad I got to see you guys yesterday. I love baby Nash, he is beautiful! Just like his mama! I will miss you this summer!
Congrats - what a cute little family you have! You must have delivered at AF hospital - I recognize it from the photos! Aren't they fantastic?! Love the name, Nash!
Cute shirts! What a cute family.
Bens is turning into quite the handsome little devil, eh? How crazy that you now have two kids. TWO! Holy cow. Nash is so cute and I can hardly wait to meet him!
ok easy delivery! lucky girl :) and you look absolutely fabulous immediately after! way to go spencer on picking the name AND the way to announce it - VERY cute shirts :) congratulations again!!!
All these photos are killin' me - I'm so excited to hold the little dude! What a fabulous time in life!
I'm so glad everything went so well! I'm really happy for your growing family! :)
So did Nash get a t-shirt that said "Nash"? Super cute idea Spencer. We are so happy for you guys!
Spencer is such a clever guy. What a cute way to pick a name. Your family is so cute. You look wonderful in your hospital pictures.
oh my goodness thats so cute! what a great hubby you have, those shirts are so funny i love it. glad your delivery was nice, remember us talking about how AMAZING your next birth would be after benson when you didnt have to bring everything INCLUDING the kitchen sink.. ok just your barf tray. :) hope you enjoyed those hospital sheets! love you girl.
hi Chelsea, this is Linda from the Windy City of chicago. congratulation to u and spencer and benson of the arrival of baby nash. Girl u look good. don't even look as if u were ever pregnant. Nash looks just like his brother, benson. can't wait til nash gets the mohawk. Now u must try for a little girl n the future. take your time. Maybe we can visit or u guys can come to chgo 4 a vist. Let me know. Since the last time we say u and spencer, we have been on another cruise, carnival sensation. it was the bomb...... really enjoyed the vacation, no hassles..... waiting to do the big cruise line, oasis of the seas, one of the biggest cruise liner. will talk soon. e-mail address:iam-saved@comcast.net
Post a Comment