Saturday, June 27, 2009

Benson's 1st Birthday!!

Happy Birthday Benson! Yesterday was Benson's 1st Birthday. We had a big pool party to celebrate.

Devyn and I made this sweet basketball cake, and lots of cupcakes to eat. Since Benson eats anything and loves to eat all the time, I thought he could devour the cake, but he just picked off some icing and ate little by little.







Devyn and Jason bought him a pinata and filled it with Candy! Benny hit it a few times, then Travis busted it open for us all!


It was so sunny and bright out, a beautiful hot day, perfect for the pool. All the guys played an intense game of football in the pool, until they sadly had to go knock doors!





Darcee and Shane bought Benson a cute little walker/scooter and it happened to be the exact one that Spencer picked out for him! Too funny, of all the toys and gifts one could buy for a 1 year old, they got the same one! Here he is with Darc...Thanks!!
It was a great day, we had a lot of fun. We love Benson sooooo much and are grateful he is a part of our family. He brings so much joy to Spencer and me!


6 comments:

sdralphs said...

cute post! I love how Benson looks like he is trying to get away from me! Sorry I am bad at choosing presents. His party was so fun! What a great first birthday! Your family is adorable as always!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday little man! I can't believe you are already 1! Spencer, do you just call him mini-me or what! He looks so much like you. Hope Chicago is going well.

emy said...

Happy birthday nephew. Has it really been a year since you had him! Time flies little sister. I love the cake! I'm very impressed with the icing skills. I'm glad you're getting some sun. I know how you love it.

Brad + Lauren said...

Happy Birthday Bens! Cant believe a year has already come and gone, time sure flies! I am so happy for you and your family, life has been good to you :) I miss you guys a ton and cant wait for you to be back in Utah so we can come visit you!

PS. AWESOME cake! Love your domestic diva side

Pam said...

Looks like a great day - cannot believe he is 1 already, why doesnt pregnancy go this fast. Looks like you are having fun in Chicago! Miss you guys here while we are in utah, the kids keep asking if they will be able to see you guys and I have to explain over and over again Chicago is not close to Utah!!!

Amanda

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Benson! Love the cake!