Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas in Washington

We had an amazing Christmas this year. Starting off with a lovely dinner and present exchange with the Greer's on December 23rd here in Utah and then flying to Washington on Christmas Eve and visiting my family for 9 days! We were afraid we were not going to make it because of all the snow storms, but we had no delays and things went smoothly. When we arrived in Olympia we were snowed in for 3 days, we didn't leave the house. We ate and visited and played games and ate some more...

I KNEW Spence and I got each other the same thing, I just had a feeling we would both pick out a GPS system for each other, because we have gotten lost several times together...So here we are Christmas morning, both opening the same gift...A GPS....
What I didn't KNOW was that Spencer bought me a car to put the GPS in!! I couldn't believe it, it was quite the SURPRISE! (as you can tell from my face) In fact, I cried. He bought me a black 2002 Denali.
All the boys got their new dress shirts from Kath.


Benson was not afraid of Santa, in fact he loved Santa's visit Christmas Eve night.

Jena and Benson playing the parts of Mary and a sleeping baby Jesus in our Luke reading.
Grandma Kath bought all the grandchildren adorable Christmas pajamas, a tradition we always had growing up in the Russell family.
Isn't this just the sweetest!! Matching cousins under the Christmas tree.
(left-right)Savvy, Russell, TJ and Benson.
Carson and me.










4 comments:

Brad + Lauren said...

I am so glad you had a great Christmas and that you got your car ;) thats awesome. Benson is getting so big! I miss you guys, I feel bad I saw you called a few weeks ago and I havent gotten back to you, things are so crazy here. I'll call you soon! Love ya!

Ashley said...

Too funny about the GPS systems! Jason and I got one last year and we absolutely love it :) Post pics of your new car, that is so exciting!!!

sdralphs said...

Chelsea I cannot believe you got a new car. I love the picture, you look so excited! Have fun in Cancun. We found out on Sunday our church is at 2:30 too, on the opposite side of you. I don't know if I can make it to church at 2:30!

emy said...

Wow you're good Chelsea, you already go Christmas on your blog. I'll be lucky if I post anything before the end of January. The pictures are great! I love the cousin picture.